Thursday 13 January 2011

Pearl and Dean - audience research

I went onto the website http://www.pearlanddean.com/ to see what the age range of audiences for Horror films are. I had a bit of trouble maneuvering through the site as the last time I used it was in year 12 and the website has changed since then. But after looking for a while I found some audience profiles which I could use. I found profiles for Saw, 28 Days Later and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

This is the audience profile for the film Saw, as you can see from the above picture the majority of people who went to see this film were ages between 15-24. however this film is an 18 so I don't think 15 year olds went to see it as the majority of people in this age category were probably 18+. 55% of the audience were male, so this suggests that the Horror genre is more created for Men rather than women.


This is the audience profile for Texas Chainsaw Massacre. As you can see from the above statistics the main percent of people going to see this film were again in the 15-24 age category. But in this case there are more Females going to see this film rather than males, but only just.

From this I think our main target audience are Males and Females, who are aged between 15-24, this is a similar age to what we are now so I think we can relate to what they would like to see in a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment