Tuesday 18 January 2011

Non-Copyright Music Research

Last year we used the website http://www.freeplaymusic.com/ for our music to our opening two minutes. I think finding the music is the hardest part of the whole editing process as it takes the longest amount of time to find something to fit to our scenes. Last year we wanted an upbeat tune for our opening two minutes. This year I think we are going to try and find something dark and mysterious to use for our Teaser Trailer. I am going to research different non-copyright music websites on Google to see what comes up.


http://www.nvmdigital.com/nvmusic/library/mp3frameset.html This is a music site, which is non-copyright music but you need to pay for music so we would be able to use this.

I have looked on Google but I can't seem to find anything which is free and easy to use, but I'm sure we will use Freeplay music as this is the easiest one to use.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried local universities with music departments? Also, see if your state has a state composer society. From there, post that you are filming, let them know the genre and ask if anyone was interested in scoring your film, to give you a call. You'll get your door beaten down with very capable and eager composers. Make sure you mention that it's for free... but they will get credit in your film and a copy of the DVD when you're done. Plus, (I always tell them this) if there are any DVD sales, they would get a percentage of that as well. Usually they will submit samples to you. I choose two composers and then give them a brief synopsis of the film. From there they submit samples again. I choose from these samples who I want to compose my film. After this is done, it's minimal fuss. The composer is happy because he now has an awesome achievement for his resume to display, and I have an original score for my film. I have a rolodex of composers who are chomping at the bit to work with me because I give them shots like this.

    Anyway, just an idea.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete