Tuesday 9 November 2010

Mood Board of Horror Films

As you can see below I have made 3 mood boards of Horror films, some are new releases and some are old classics, I think I have added lots of variety of horror films, but although some of them are not horror films completely they have elements of horror in them.

The first one includes films such as;


  • Saw
  • One Missed Call
  • The Uninvited
  • The Shining
  • Omen
  • The Last House on the Left
  • The Exorcism of Emily Rose
  • The Ring
  • Scream
  • Friday the 13th
  • Shrooms
  • The Exorcist
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Ghost Ship
  • The Strangers
  • 6th Sense
  • Blair Witch Project
  • Carrie
  • The Grudge
  • And, Nightmare on Elm Street

The second Mood Board I made includes some older films, most of which I haven't seen, this includes:


  • The Village
  • Thirteen Ghosts
  • Gothika
  • The Haunting in Connecticut
  • Christine
  • An American Werewolf in London
  • Pet Semetary
  • Halloween
  • The Crazies
  • Amityville Horror
  • The Eye
  • It
  • Wrong Turn
  • [REC]
  • Dawn of the Dead
  • Hell Raiser
  • The Orphanage
  • The Fog
  • Darkness Falls
  • And, Texas Chainsaw Massacre

And Finally, the last mood board I made included films which are mainly new films, or films that have just been released at the cinema. These include;

  • Poltergeist
  • The Hills Have Eyes
  • Hostel
  • Mirrors
  • The Unborn
  • Buried
  • Final Destination
  • Devil
  • Cube
  • Hatchet
  • Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Trick r Treat
  • Let me in
  • Let the right one in
  • Martyrs
  • Paranormal Activity
  • House of Wax

Altogether. I think I have listed nearly every horror film which I could find, I might have left out a few but I think that majority of them are there. I think that when it comes to finding a name for our film we can look back on this and see what other films we can use to give us ideas. We will also probably take elements from films to use in our film, such as in many of these horror films there are masks which indicates that people behind them don't want to be seen which could imply the hint of secrecy within the film, in our film we are going to be using masks so I think I might do a mood board of masks so I can see what type of masks are being using in the Horror Genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment